Online - Great Decisions: Brexit and the European Union
Great Decisions discussions are on U.S. foreign policy and global issues. Topics are based on a briefing book developed by the Foreign Policy Association. Note that the topics are presented out of sequence to accommodate our presenters (see schedule below).
- Register for the discussion. Register here or by calling 630/887-0637.
- Purchase the booklet. We will reserve a copy of the Great Decisions 2021 booklet for the first 19 people to register. Booklets will be available the first week in January for $25.60 by cash or check. We will call you in January with instructions for picking up and paying for the booklet.
- Watch the movie, two possibilities. 1) Streaming: The Foreign Policy Association will be making each episode available to stream on Vimeo starting in December for just $2.99, so participants can stream it on their own machines. Instructions on how to stream the movie will be coming soon. 2) Check out the DVD: The library is purchasing four copies of the Great Decisions DVD, which will be available for 3-day checkout on the Hot Picks shelf.
- Attend the Zoom discussion. You should be able to use the same Zoom link for all eight programs. The link will be sent to you the day of the first program.
Meets on the third Tuesday of the month (EXCEPT April when it meets on the second Tuesday)
Meet & Greet: Practice Zoom Session (Jan. 19)
Global Supply Chains and National Security (Feb. 16)
China's Role in Africa (March 16) Presenter: Dr. Maria Ritzema, associate professor of history
The end of globalization? (April 13) Presenter: Maureen Heffern Ponicki, assistant professor of political science
Persian Gulf Security Issues (May 18)
Brexit and the European Union (June 15)
Struggles Over the Melting Arctic (July 20)
The Korean Peninsula (Aug. 17)
Roles of International Organizations in a Global Pandemic (Sept. 21)
- Tuesday, June 15, 2021
- 7:00pm - 9:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Central Time - US & Canada (change)
- 1 Online Via Zoom Meeting/Webinar